How a Boudoir Session Can Heal Your Scars
We photographed Miss A last year after she had been in a severe motorcycle accident. This was one of those photo shoots that validated yet again why we do what we do here. This photo shoot was to help her take ownership of her scars, and begin the process of emotional healing.
- How would you describe your overall boudoir session experience? The experience was fantastic. It was not only to feel pretty and to do something “sexy” for my husband, but also the start of a healing process for me.
- List the outfits you brought and where you bought them. Red bra and black lace underwear from Wal-Mart, black pinstripe corset, and black and red corset both purchased online from spicylingere.com, Harley Davidson jacket was purchased at Black Diamond Harley-Davidson.
- Who did your hair and makeup? Kaitlin did my hair and makeup and she was amazing. She did exactly what I had envisioned and explained to her.
- What kind of vibe were you going for? Do you think we pulled it off? I was going for a sexy, but soft and gentle feel at the same time. In a few photos I really wanted the hurt and healing to be captured, which Sydney did beautifully.
- Were you nervous about the shoot beforehand? Did you become more comfortable after the session started? If so, what helped to relax your nerves? I was only nervous about the outfits that were going to bring back the memories, feelings, and raw emotion that I felt about my wreck. Sydney and Kaitlin made me feel so comfortable and safe and even cried with me. Truly the best team ever!!!
- What advice do you have for others getting their boudoir pictures taken? Relax and enjoy. This is not only for your significant other, but this is also for you. Feel beautiful in your own skin whether you have scars, you are not stick thin, or whatever you “think” you have issues with. Sydney and her team will make you feel like you are a supermodel. Sit back and relax, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!!
- What was your reason for doing the boudoir session? A Christmas gift for my husband, and the start of a healing journey for myself.
- What are some of your favorite pastimes or hobbies? Pastimes and hobbies have kind of been put on hold due to injuries. I am a volunteer firefighter and really enjoy it. I enjoy traveling and seeing and meeting new people. I also enjoy spending time with family and friends.
- What was your favorite part of the session? The entire session. There is not one part that I can section out. We laughed and had a great time the entire session.
- Is there anything else you would like to mention? Sydney was a great part of the beginning of a healing journey for me after my motorcycle accident in April of 2014. I had shied away from cameras since the accident due to scars and discoloration that I was left with, and because I was more critical of myself. I was afraid that people would view me differently. After being in and out of the hospital all summer with various problems relating to my accident, and being told several times that I was lucky to be alive, I lost a part of myself and felt as if I was not pretty anymore or attractive in someone else’s eyes, let alone my own. Sydney opened my eyes to the beauty that was within the scars and bumps and bruises that remain, and the story that was behind them . I hope that by doing this I can inspire other women in the same situation to take this journey and do it for themselves, for their emotional and physical healing, and to accept that they are beautiful just the way they are. No amount of scars or imperfections are going to change that. Sydney does a fantastic job at making you feel like you are a million dollars and that when you are in her hands, everyone is beautiful no matter how big or small the imperfection is.
No comments posted.